Handel & Hendrix in London: Front of House Assistant
Job Title: Front of House Assistant
Status: Permanent Contract
Reporting to: Front of House Manager
Hours: Full time: 40 hours per week with 1 hour paid daily lunch break.
Tuesday-Saturday: Tuesday (12.30pm-8pm), Wednesday-Friday (10am-6pm), Saturday (9.30am-6pm)
Annual Leave: 25 days (plus bank holidays)
This post is based Front of House working with a team of volunteers. There will be two Front of House Assistants who will work from reception and our shop every day to ensure a high standard of customer service. They will create rotas for volunteer deployment and ensure that the visitor experience is delivered smoothly and efficiently with support from the Front of House Manager. They will assist with volunteer supervision, phones, locking up and cashing up at the end of each day.
Daily Front of House
- Create rotas for volunteers and deploy them every morning.
- Responsible for managing the reception; including opening the reception at the start of the day, stocking leaflets, maintaining general presentation, monitoring change in the till, taking deliveries, answering enquiries and providing an excellent standard of customer service to all visitors.
- Provide excellent customer service in the gift shop in conjunction with standards set by the Shop Manager.
- Cover the live interpretation of the historical rooms when needed.
- Be on hand to support volunteers and respond to their queries.
- Cash up the tills and lock up the building at the end of each day.
Events Front of House
- Assist with evening concerts and events, working 12.30-8pm every Tuesday to cover reception and help with setting up and tidying up.
Weekend Front of House
- Unlock and set up the building for the day.
- Manage Front of House and volunteers as per the weekdays in conjunction with weekend Duty Manager.
- Key-holder to the building.
- General administrative tasks and errands set by the Front of House Manager and the Deputy Director.
Successful applicants will receive a period of 1 month of training and supervision, after which they will become key-holders to the property and will be expected to operate as a fully-fledged member of the Handel & Hendrix in London team. There will be a probationary period of 3 months.
Desirable attributes, knowledge and skills
- Honesty: this job involves cash handling.
- Excellent timekeeping
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Organisational efficiency
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- A strong sense of initiative
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work within a small team
- Office and administrative experience
- An interest in music and the arts
How to apply
Please include details of two referees, one being your current or most recent employer. These will only be contacted should you be offered the position.
Closing date for applications: 22 June 2018
Interview date: 29 June 2018
Handel House operates a fair and open recruitment policy, the aim of the policy is to ensure no job applicant, employee or worker is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, political opinion or affiliation, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability. If you have any special needs that relate to the interview process, or performance within the role, please call 020 7399 1953.
The appointment is subject to security clearance, which includes a search of police records (Disclosure and Barring Service check).