Practical information regarding the museum reopening:
Below we have listed some more detailed practical information for visitors who have pre-booked tickets to visit during our gradual reopening process. If you have not yet booked a timed ticket please do so via Art Tickets.
We are OPEN!
From 20 June 2021 we will open from 11am – 5pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays only.
Is there anything I need to bring to the museum?
- Please bring and wear a face covering when inside the museum.
- There will be hand sanitiser in several locations across the house so it is not necessary to bring your own.
Do I need to wear a face covering to be allowed inside the museum?
To protect yourselves, our staff and your fellow visitors, it is a legal requirement that you wear a face covering.
If you do not have one with you, we will as you to wear one of our disposable masks. We will not admit anyone into the building without a correctly worn face covering.
Is there a cloakroom?
There will not be a cloakroom, so we advise travelling light.
We will ask you to place anything you are carrying into a plastic bag to carry around the museum.
If it is raining and you have a wet coat and umbrella, we will also ask you to put these things into a plastic bag to carry around with you.
At the museum, we do not have red rope in front of our displays and so backpacks, bag straps and wet things pose a significant risk of damage to our collection.
How long will my visit take?
We usually advise that visits take around 1 hour.
What will the experience be like inside the museum?
- There will only be a small number of visitors allowed in the museum at a time in order to maximise your safety. This will give you plenty of room to move around our displays.
- There will be a one-way system operating on all staircases, which will be clearly marked. All staircases lead to and from the same levels so you won’t miss out on any of the experience.
- As many windows as possible will be open in order to ventilate the museum. However, please note that the windows in our historic rooms will not be open in order to prevent pollution damage to our collections.
Can I touch any of the objects on display?
No. This is an important rule for us to protect our collection, regardless of the Covid-19 conditions. It goes without saying that at this current time, not touching our displays will, in addition, keep our staff and volunteers safe.
Will the lift be in use?
Yes. We will only allow one household to use it at a time and there will be hand sanitiser available at each floor.
Will there be toilets?
Yes, we have three toilets available for visitors to use. They are all unisex and one is an accessible toilet with baby changing facilities. All of our toilets will be thoroughly cleaned each day and visitors will be encouraged to use hand sanitiser before and after using them. Directions to avoid direct contact with door handles and locks will be detailed on nearby signage.
What should I do if I miss my allocated time slot to visit or am running late?
If you are running late on the day of your visit, please get in touch with us to let us know. We will be able to advise you on what to do.
What should I do if I need to change the time slot I originally booked?
Please get in touch with us with as much notice as possible and we will be able to help with pre-booked ticket amendments.
If your question has not been answered above or if you require further detail, please get in touch with us by emailing [email protected] or calling +4420 7495 1685.